What is yarnQuest by Susanna IC?I'm very excited to introduce yarnQuest, a series of exclusive knitting kits. The kits coordinate unique hand-dyed yarns and limited-edition project bags with new patterns designed by me specifically for each kit - patterns in line with the already popular Annis, Diantha, Stellaria, and Caireen. Unlike a club, yarnQuest kits are available for purchase in very limited quantities; once sold out, they will not be available ever again. Kits will be announced in my newsletter as they become available - sign up for the mailing list by clicking on the tab above to be automatically notified of new releases.
Why yarnQuest?As you may already know, I'm a bit of a nomad - originally from Europe, I've lived in two European countries and five U.S. states. Thanks to all of my travels, I discovered an entire universe of indie dyers soon after I fell in love with knitting. Each dyer has a distinctive point of view and unique source of inspiration, which is reflected in the way they color their incredibly beautiful yarns. I also discovered indie sewers who make artisan knitting bags from fabrics that reflect worldwide inspiration. The one thing they all have in common is passion for yarn and color, and I created yarnQuest to be able to share their art with you.
What is in a yarnQuest kit?
- A new Susanna IC knitting pattern, which will not be available anywhere else for minimum of six months following the release date.
- A skein of yarn dyed in an exclusive colorway created especially for the new pattern.
- A limited-edition project bag designed specifically for that particular kit.
- A little surprise or two.
- US domestic shipping and handling cost is included in the price of each kit.
- International shipping to Canada is additional $10; Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and United Kingdom additional $15.
- Kit #5 contains:
- Umbra, an exciting new Susanna IC crescent shawl pattern featuring top-down construction combined with easy colorwork, texture, and beaded lace. This pattern will not be available anywhere else for six months from the kit's release date; the kit includes a printed pattern and pdf will be added to your Ravelry library upon request. Please note - the kit does NOT include the finished shawl, ONLY the pattern to create your own shawl.
- Two gorgeous skeins of fingering yarn from Yarn Carnival, known for unique and brilliantly nuanced colorways - this is nearly 1000 yards of scrumptious yarn. Yarn Carnival High Wire 3-ply (100% Superwash Merino; 490 yards / 100 g); colors: Raven and Winter Storm.
- Limited-edition projects bag designed by Magic Junie Sews specifically for this kit; the bags are reversible and convertible, perfect for on-the-go knitting. Each beautiful project bag is fully lined for durability and is large enough to hold the yarn and your work-in-progress with plenty of room for pattern and notions (10.5" wide x 16" tall).
To order yarnQuest kitsPlease note that to make each yarnQuest kit possible, all the exclusive components must be created and purchased well in advance and are included in the $75 purchase price. Therefore, all sales are final; no refunds or returns will be accepted.
To ensure timely delivery, kits will be shipped via USPS Priority at no additional cost within the US and APO/FPO addresses.
International shipping to Canada is additional $10; Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and United Kingdom additional $15.
Any questions? Contact me here.
yarnQuest kit #4
yarnQuest kit #3
yarnQuest kit #2
yarnQuest kit #1
Any questions? Contact me here.